DirectX is an important part of Windows 11/10, and many multimedia apps need it. Can’t install DirectX in Windows? It’s not possible to work on your computer if it doesn’t have DirectX on it.
However, there may be problems with DirectX on Windows 10 from time to time As a good thing, you can figure them out. There are a lot of ways to do this today.
What to do if DirectX setup could not download the file message appears on Windows 11/10?
There are many people who have this problem, and it happens on all versions of Windows. There are a lot of DirectX errors on Windows 11 that happen.
When you want to fix it, you need to make sure that your network connection is stable and that you have all the permissions you need to do so
You might get the message above if these conditions aren’t met. You might also get the message “An internal system error occurred DirectX setup“.
How To Fix DirectX Errors in Windows 11/10
Method 1. Install the previous version of DirectX.
Some apps need older versions of DirectX to work properly, and you have to install it yourself to get them to run. To do that, you can download the installer from this site and then run it.
After you download the file, install it, and restart your computer to get it to work. In most cases, your computer will restart and most DirectX problems will be solved.
If you want to install an older version of DirectX, click on the link above to find out more. But if you want to learn more about the new version and how it improves the performance of your GPU, read this article.
Method 2. Reinstall your graphics card drivers
1. Right click on Start menu and select Device Manager.
2. When Device Manager opens, expand Display Adapters section and find your graphic card driver.
3. Right-click the driver and select Uninstall.
4. Tick Remove the driver software for this device and click OK.
5. Reboot your system.
6. After restarting, go to the website for your graphics card manufacturer and download the most up-to-date drivers for your computer.
7. It’s time to install the drivers that you have downloaded.
When they reinstalled their graphics card drivers, many users said that their DirectX problems were fixed right away.
Update drivers automatically
If this method doesn’t work for you or you don’t have the computer skills to update or fix the drivers yourself, we strongly recommend using third-party software to do it for you.
Remember how much time you spent manually looking for the right drivers for your computer parts? The process will be run by a program that will do it for you instead.
Using a complete driver update assistant such as Driver Easy is the best way to make sure that everything runs smoothly and avoid any problems with your GPU drivers, and we think it’s the best one out there. Follow these simple steps to make sure your drivers are up to date:
1. Download Driver Easy and install it.
2. In order to run the software, press the start button.
3. Wait for Driver Easy to find all of your bad drivers.
4. In the next step, the application will show you all the drivers that have problems. You just need to choose which ones you want to have fixed.
5. Wait for the app to download and install the most up-to-date driver.
6. For the changes to take effect, you need to restart your PC.
Method 3. Download Visual C++ Redistributables
1. Download the package from this source.
2. Run the setup.
3. Follow the directions and install the Visual c++ Redistributables, then you can use them.
4. If installing the whole package doesn’t solve the problem, you can try installing a specific version from the list and see if that helps.
Many users have said that installing the Visual C++ Redistributables has fixed DirectX problems for some people. Make sure you install the whole package or a specific version of it before you do anything else.
- FIX: DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error in Windows
- FIX: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with error
- How to download Logitech G Hub on Windows 11
Method 4. Download the missing .dll files
Many users say that they can fix DirectX errors on Windows 11/10 by downloading the.dll files that are missing and moving them to the WindowsSystem32 or WindowsSysWOW64 folder.
This might not be the safest way to get the missing files, so keep that in mind. As an alternative, you can get the missing.dll files from a computer that you use and copy them to your computer.
Note: It could cause problems with your computer if you use this solution. Use it at your own risk.
Use a third-party .DLL fixer
Use a special program to download missing system files and fix corrupted ones so that you can get back the DLL files you lost.
A tool like this can also keep you safe by running regular checks and scans to make sure your computer is healthy and not infected with malware or spyware.
You can use Restoro, which is a good third-party DLL fixer. It has a built-in automated system and an online library full of working DLLs to replace and fix any files on your computer that might be corrupted or broken.
The only thing you need to do to fix your computer is to open the software and follow the on-screen instructions to start the process. Everything else is done automatically by the software.
This is how you can use Restoro to fix problems with the registry:
1. Download and install Restoro on your computer.
2. Launch Restoro.
3. Wait for it to check your computer for problems with stability and possible malware before moving on to the next step.
4. Click on the Start button.
5. For all the changes to take effect, you need to restart your PC.
It will be as good as new when this process is done, and you won’t have to deal with BSoD errors, slow response times, or other problems.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Method 5. Make sure you meet the recommended system requirements
1. Click on the Windows search bar, type in dxdiag and select it.
2. Go to the System tab, check to see your RAM and CPU model.
3. In the Display tab, look to see what kind of GPU you have.
If you have an older computer, you might want to check to see if it meets the system requirements for DirectX. For DirectX 12, here are the minimum system requirements that you need to meet:
- Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit
- DirectX 12 compatible graphics card
- .NET Framework 4
- 1 GB RAM
- 2 GHz Duo Core CPU
Method 6. Install .NET Framework using the Command Prompt
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. Type the following command and press Enter:
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:D:sourcessxs
3. Wait until the process is done.
4. Restart your computer.
To install the.NET Framework, you’ll need to use the old DISM service. If DSIM doesn’t work, quickly fix it with this step-by-step guide.
However, we’re not going to use the whole tool. We’re only going to use a part of it that will let us install the.NET Framework, so we won’t use the whole thing.
Method 7. Use Offline Installer
This is the method that worked for me to fix setup could not download the file DirectX error.
This is an official DirectX offline installation, as the name says. DirectX will be installed offline, which means there will be no internet connection required.
Download DirectX Offline Setup
This offline arrangement, on the other hand, necessitates an Internet connection.
It’s as simple as downloading and running this setup. There you go.
The best way to get your questions answered is to watch the video instruction at the start of each technique.
To complete the offline installation of DirectX, simply run the setup again after it has finished.
When using this method for the first time, or if you’re not sure what to do, there is a helpful video tutorial:
Nonetheless, as previously mentioned, this is the only strategy that has proven successful for me; however, other approaches may also be effective.
That’s about it.